- 180g (6.3 oz) Butter
- 200g (7 oz) Castor sugar
- 200g (7 oz) Full cream evaporated milk
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten with fork
- 100g (3.5 oz) Plain flour / All purpose flour
- 50g (1.7 oz) Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract / 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons Rum (optional)
Chocolate Fudge Topping
- 200g (7 oz) Condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract / 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp corn oil
- 20g (0.7 oz) Cocoa powder, sieved
- 1 pinch of salt
- Combine castor sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla extract/essence and butter in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted, remove from heat and keep warm.
- Add beaten eggs into the slightly cold evaporated milk mixture and stir till well mix.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl, then pour the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till well mix ( cake batter should be runny)
- Heat up steamer.
- Lined and greased an 8 or 9 inch round baking pan.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan and place the pan into the steamer and cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Cover the steamer and steam over medium heat for 45 mins.
- Cool the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration.
To make Chocolate Fudge Topping:
- Combine the sieved cocoa powder, condensed milk and oil.
- Stir over low heat till thicken.
- Add in salt and vanilla extract or essence.
- Cool the chocolate topping a little before spreading on the cake.
- Refrigerated before serving it.